Institutional investors face the challenge of balancing a need to meet their investment objectives while honoring their organization’s values. Wespath is uniquely positioned to help them meet this challenge. Wespath Investment Management is a division of Wespath Benefits and Investments, a general agency of The United Methodist Church—a century-old institution with a well-regarded reputation for providing investment and benefit services that honor the mission and principles of the Church.
Wespath is an established investment management organization with approximately $20 billion in assets under management. Our mission is to help our clients meet their investment objectives while honoring the Social Principles of the UMC.
Investment Management Services
Wespath serves the needs of institutional investors through a multi-manager platform of broadly diversified funds, positive social purpose lending, and the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into our investment strategy. Our approach includes:
- Investment portfolios providing exposure to a broad range of investment strategies
- Timely, transparent reporting
- An efficient operational cost structure
- Full range of bundled services: including custody services, ESG and advocacy services
We are recognized internationally as a leader in responsible investing practices. As an original signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment, we are active owners that act to promote long-term sustainable practices by:
- Engaging companies to examine, report, and address the impact of ESG factors on the long-term sustainability of company operations,
- Participating in the development of policy, regulation, and standard setting,
- Identifying and financing viable projects that support affordable housing, community facilities for low-income families and microfinance-loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries through our Positive Social Purpose lending program.
Wespath provides institutions with an investment management path to competitive financial returns that also honors the Social Principles of The UMC. Our services are tailored to meet the investment needs of:
- Annual Conferences
- Educational institutions
- Hospitals and healthcare organizations
- Children's homes
- Retirement homes
Trustees and officers of non-profit institutions can be confident that we understand and execute to our shared values. In choosing Wespath, organizations can devote less time and fewer resources to managing an investment program, and have more time to fulfill other mission-related activities. Our clients benefit when working with Wespath through lower costs, greater transparency and a concentrated, coordinated focus on investment management. Investors can be confident that, with Wespath as their investment manager, the basic tenets of the Social Principles will be honored. This was the vision of John Wesley who held, in the 1700s, that business practices should not cause harm to one’s neighbor.
Institutions turn to Wespath
for competitive investment solutions
aligned with the values of the Church.